Friday, March 23, 2007

Daisy, Daisy

When Daughter was a baby, and I was rocking her to sleep, the only song I could ever think of was 'Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do; I'm half crazy, all for the love of you. It won't be a stylish marriage; I can't afford a carriage. But you'll look sweet upon the seat of a bicycle made for two.'


Grandma said that once she came shoe shopping with us and Daughter stood up in the middle of the shop and began singing this. I think Grandmas make stuff up.



The daisies were out near the tip where Harvs and I walked today. On our way back we crossed America. I hope no-one spotted me taking a photo of the pavement but I've wanted to take a picture of this patch for ages: its similarity to the map of America is striking. Don't you think?
Does it help if I move North America to its correct position?

7 comments:

Ian Appleby said...

I use pretty much the same song; trouble is, I've listened to far too much football commentary on the radio, so the third couplet in my version goes:

It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford Steve Claridge...

He even came to Bradford,for pity's sake, so that's the lament of a very impoverished individual...

Elsie said...

So sorry, Liz, but I can't find America anywhere. Probably just as well.

Lee said...

I love daisies. Such a simple flower that says "I'm a flower"...if that means any sense!

Now as for the pavement...I refuse to comment at the risk of incriminating myself! ;)

Elsie said...

Lee must see what I see.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

My Grandad used to sing that song! Oh, you definitely do my kind of geography, Liz!

jmb said...

I've been working on the railroad was the only one I knew all the words to. Worked like a charm. No, no America, sorry. Can't see 3D things either.
Regards
jmb

MissKris said...

I've made up a few little lullaby ditties of my own to sing to my little grandson, but the one that soothes him to sleep is the beautiful old hymn "Swing Low, Sweet Chariot". When Grandma gets around to that one, he knows it's time to quiet down and cuddle deep. Next thing I know, it's lights out.