Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Before I forget

I thought I should post something sensible this morning so I'll tell you about the state of my mind. (I can imagine my children groaning as they read this.)

Each morning I take 5 pills: happy pill and 4 supplements including gingko bilboa for improved memory. Normally I get them all lined up (plus Harvey's cod liver oil and glucosamine) before I take them; this morning I swallowed them as I took them out of the tub.

I got to the end and I couldn't remember if I'd taken them all. Or more specifically if I'd taken my happy pill. So much for gingko.

I don't know why you're laughing, Harvey! I'm not the one who got stuck in the cupboard under the stairs yesterday.

7 comments:

Anna said...

He didn't, did he? How did Harvey manage that? And... not groaning at all!!!

Furtheron said...

To quote Lenny Henry's character in the old folks home "Shoot me now..." :-)

Our one at home from the kids when I'm like this is "Have you had your breakfast yet Dad?"

Puss-in-Boots said...

Let's see, 3 fish oil, 2 celery and juniper, one antihistamine and one antihypertensive...oh, plus a couple of puffs of an inhaler!

As you get older the pill to age ratio gets larger...in favour of the pills!

Sorry...

Anonymous said...

Could have been me :-(

Elsie said...

I often forget to take the one pill I'm required to take each week. I think I need some of that ginko, what's it called?

Liz Hinds said...

Furtheron, mine is, 'Have you taken your pill, mother?'

Robyn, celery and juniper? That's one I'm not on ... yet.

Stu, it wasn't you, was it? No, it was me, I'm sure ... but ... it might have been.

Elsie, um, you know, whatsitcalled? I'll tell you when I remember.

Clare said...

I equally take 4 tablets a day, plus some fairly vital inhaler twice a day. Now, I am also on antibiotics because of the tremendous cough. Yesterday, I took two antibiotics instead of one. No ill effects yet. Oh and the reason I'm coughing? I forgot to order a new inhaler (whilst I had a chest infection, I must add) and still haven't been able to remember long enough to pick it up from the doctors. Wheeze in, Wheeze out. I'm fairly young - surely I shouldn't be losing my memory yet???