Monday, February 19, 2007

More Miscellany

We watched the very last episode of West Wing last night.

We missed it when it was shown on television but were introduced to its glories later. as a result for the last couple of years, for every birthday and Christmas, my presents have included a West Wing DVD. But now season 7 is done, and that's that.

The good news is that the right man got to be president and the best news is that A and B finally got together! Yay! But we shall miss it.
I was holding on for as long as I could, trying to slow our progress, not wanting it to end. Like Christmas, longing for it, but sad when it's over. What will we do now in the long evenings of dreadful reality television shows?
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Looking at myself in the mirror this morning I was sighing - I'm in that sort of mood - over my droopy jowls. 'All I'd need, ' I said to myself, pulling up my cheeks, 'is a little lift here and there.' (Yes, I am vain.) Then I discovered the answer!
Women all over the world need no longer pay thousands of pounds for surgeons to cut them up with lots of pain and uncertain results. Following the foolproof Hinds' method - which I really should patent - they can have the look without the agony. All they have to do is walk around all day smiling, with their mouths open.
Look at my before and after photos (taken very cleverly by me using a mirror) to see all the proof that you need.
Admittedly you might swallow a few flies and get a few funny looks but you're the one who's saved the money. You're the one who should be laughing.
* * * * * * * * * * * *
Younger Son's latest - self-designed - tattoo: a phoenix. That child is spending too much time reading Harry Potter.

6 comments:

Lee said...

You have a lovely smile, Liz...so it proves your point. Your smile is very similar to that of Annette Bening's smile...sincere and honest.

Lee said...

I just had another thought, however...if one has to go around all day and night smiling then what about the creases along the cheek-lines and the crow feet that will follow? We have a bit of a quandary here, Liz!

Gary said...

And all the convincing you will have to do to your husband about what is not going on.

Clare said...

Argh, underside of wrist alert!!! (you may think I'm weird, or you may remember my list of 6 weird things and my terror of wrists!).
I will try smiling with my mouth open from now on....

Liz Hinds said...

I've noticed that too, Lee, that smiling gives you lines. Much like puckering up for kissing giving you those little lines into your lips! Perhaps a paper bag is the answer!

Gary, my husband is used to seeing me wandering round smiling and talking to myself - he refuses to acknowledge me in the gym when I've got my headphones on and I mutter to myself!

Clare, you're not at all weird! Far stranger things to be terrified of.

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Well, better to have lines from smiling, I say, because they're going to come along anyway! I loved the "Weat Wing" and felt very lonesome when it finished. If you think TV's bad there, Ital TV is full of even worse reality and game shows and BBC Prime shows repeat after repeat of 30-year-old comedies, at impossible times even if you wanted to watch them! The Sicilian TV channels aren't bad, however.