Monday, January 22, 2007

What to do, that's the question

While sorting out the dining room on Saturday I came across two Christmas presents we'd been given. 'Came across' isn't quite accurate: they've been sitting in the corner, staring reproachfully at me, since Christmas Day.

They're both physically large and probably fairly expensive. One is decorative - though not to my taste - in nature; the other has a more practical - for the once-a-year occasion - usage.

I have given in and put the one on display, in the hope that I will grow to love, or even like, it.

The other, I admit, would be useful, but where to keep it for the 364 days that it's not being used; it is, as I said, large.

But what else could I do with it?

Sell it on eBay? High postage costs would deter potential buyers. Give to a charity shop? A possibility. Give as a present? YES! Elder Son gets married soon!!!! Two birds.

* * * * * * * * * * *

Harvey must be the only dog in the world who gets a round of applause when he comes in the house. (For getting up the backdoor step on his own.)

3 comments:

Lee said...

Now my curiosity is raging! What are the two gifts? Don't leave me hanging here! ;)

Anna said...

We're clapping in Devon too! Marvellous work, Harvs! Best have a lie down now, eh?

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Yes, I want to know, too! Well done, Harvs, from Simi and me. X