Saturday, January 20, 2007

The Tempest and the Woman who Slept

'Why didn't you tell me a tree had fallen over?' Husband asked.
'I didn't know it had. Which one?'
'The one outside this window (the study).'

It's fallen down over into next door's garden. A tree right outside our bedroom window.

I did this before. In the great storms of 1987, when we lived in Southampton, I slept through a tree falling down across the road outside our house (again in front of our bedroom). Husband was away at the time so I was on my own; I was amazed when I got up in the morning to see this huge tree lying there.

'How could you sleep through it?' people asked. I shrugged.

A friend stayed here on Wednesday night. When we got up in the morning I asked how she slept.
'Not very well,' she said. 'Did you hear the storm?'
'No.'

One thing I'm good at is sleeping.

8 comments:

james higham said...

It's a great thing that you can do it. Great for the mental health, that is. Thousands can't.

Anonymous said...

Photo pls?

Of the tree, not of you snoring ;-)

Ian Grey said...

Gosh...

Puss-in-Boots said...

Hah, a kindred spirit! I, too, can sleep through storms. Our storms, being tropical, are very noisy with an amazing light show.

The morning after a storm, when I look outside and see all the debris (trees, branches, roofs), then I know we've had a storm and again, I've slept through it...

Lee said...

Oh! I want the snoring pics! (Yes...I did use an exclamation mark and you may interpret my meaning whichever way you wish. However, I know in which way I meant it.

Steve G said...

Good for you on sleeping like a babe. I'm sure your husband thinks of you as his babe.

Winston said...

Aha... another one of us! I too can sleep through anything, at least until the dog jumps on the bed and starts licking my hands. A few years ago I slept through a storm that knocked down a section of our back fence, toppled a smallish tree across our back porch and a very large, old tree that took out several others and several sections of fence. Roomie, on the other hand, wakens at the sound of a bug relieving itself on the next block.

LAN said...

puma mens shoes
puma shoes
puma speed
nike shoes
nike air
nike air shoes
nike air max 90
nike air max 95
nike air max tn
nike air rift
nike shox r4
nike air max 360
nike shox nz
puma cat
air max trainers
mens nike air max
sports shoes
nike air rifts
nike air rift trainer
nike air
nike shoes air max
nike shoes shox
air shoes
Lucyliu IS Lucyliu
nike shoe cart
puma future
cheap puma
nike rift
jeans shop
diesel jeans
levis jeans
nike rift shoes
cheap nike air rifts
bape shoes