Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Today, continued

I want to hug Billy but I am embarrassed. I'm not a hugger. And, also, if I'm honest, there's bit of me that is thinking, 'He's probably not very clean.' And again, I'm a woman and he's a man that I don't know very well, and it wouldn't be appropriate. And, well, I'm not a hugger.

* * * * * * * * * * * *

We had our first card in work today. I would say 'Christmas card' but you'd be hard-pressed to guess its significance. It has an orange and gold picture of The Tree of Life on the front and inside it says, 'Greetings' in eleven languages. I wonder why the Citizen's Advice Bureau bothered.

I am responsible for sending cards from Linden to the various organisations with whom we have links or who use our building; I shall make sure they say very clearly, 'Happy Christmas.' It's what we're celebrating so we shall say so.

One card we receive every year comes from a large (rich) church in the city. And every year it's the same thing: a large, expensive-looking, pre-printed greeting from 'The Pastors and their wives.' I make sure our 'pastors' and their husbands see it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have a heart of gold liz, B is a great man that keeps falling back your monolog touch me last night, thank you and may god continue to bless you with words. I also recived the card from said church which to me i find funny for personal resons. as for hugging there is a lot of hugging in zacs which is great but do not feel like you souuld hug someone as your words touch us in places a hug just cant.

Elsie said...

You are a hugger, Liz. You hug with your whole heart -- no arms required.

Anonymous said...

I've had a hug from you Liz. But as eifion says, you reach out with your words more easily and very effectively. I say ten sentences: you say one.