Wednesday, December 13, 2006

My Today

My plan for today was to do this, this, this and this, then go to the hairdressers' then do some shopping.

The trouble is that I live in an imaginary world. In my imaginary world I am also a figment of my imagination. In it I am someone who is organised. I am not someone who is still in her dressing-gown when the window-cleaner arrives.

With face appearing at windows it seemed wise to loiter for a while before showering and from then on it was downhill all the way.

I called in to the hospital to pick up a prescription; I couldn't park and gave up.

I tried to buy Hugo Boss Woman perfume for Daughter but it turned out I had to choose between Hugo Woman and Boss Woman.

I searched in vain for the DVD set I had heard advertised on the radio at a bargain price.

I gave up and came home. Younger Son said my hair looked 'all right'.

But Betty behaved perfectly. And I bought myself a bag of Thorntons' Mint Toffee. Do you know, they have a chocolate fountain Thorntons and you can buy skewers of fudge to dip in it? Or buy a chocolate shot. I wonder if it's available intravenously.

2 comments:

Anna said...

Do they REALLY? Wow. I knew I should have gone into our Thorntons last week, instead of doing two-steps-forward, two-steps-back on the pavement outside. (I was worried about the amount of truffles I would leave with once I stepped over the threshold.) (I see you had the same dilemma, and came to the opposite conclusion.)

Oh and by the way. On the subject of spring weddings, let's not diet. Instead, here's my plan!:::: Sucky-inny pants!!!!!!! Whaddaya think? I bought the most ginormous ones from M&S (they're like cycling shorts): they most definitely suck in the stomach, and you don't have to skimp on the truffles to achieve it. I am not quite sure why they flatten one's bottom into a sort of dinner-plate shape, but I shall just make sure everyone is looking at my front or side profile. X

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Oh, I love the idea of that chocolate fountain and the fudge to dip into it!
Glad you have an imaginary self too, Liz!