Saturday, December 30, 2006

I was wrong

It wasn't over-indulgence; it was the dreaded bug.

Spent last night throwing up. Most unpleasant. But it gave me an excuse - if one were needed - to sit in bed reading. The book I chose from my pile was a birthday gift, Twelve Sharp by Janet Evanovich.

I think I've mentioned her books featuring bounty hunter, Stephanie Plum, before. They are peopled with the most outrageous characters to whom the most ridiculous things happen and they're wonderful. Make me laugh out loud. A new book about Stephanie is a delight to be treasured and devoured, while wanting it to not end.
Janet Evanovich has won loads of crime-writing and humour awards and they're well-deserved. It's the best sort of American writing, like West Wing or MASH (which I had on DVD for Christmas, goody!)
If you haven't read any of this series, I do recommend it.

4 comments:

Maria said...

Thanks so much for sharing! I am always on the look out for a new book or 2 or 3! lol ~M

Welshcakes Limoncello said...

Hope you feel better now, Liz. I will check out the book.

Serena said...

I love Evanovich! I want to BE Stephanie Plum. LOL.

Happy New Year, Liz. I do hope you're feeling better.

Liz Hinds said...

Morelli or Ranger, Serena?