Thursday, October 26, 2006

When I finally sat down for dinner tonight at 9.30 I had left-over Quorn Korma, two Ryvita and a couple of slices of beetroot. I know how to live.

But I haven't solved the puzzle of why Timothy should send me a message saying:
6
+84
Sorry Liz.

Or why I have what appears to be a baby wipe in my pocket when I haven't been near a baby for weeks.

Two interesting facts:
Great Yarmouth was covered in semolina today.
When the Finns broadcast news in Latin they have more listeners than when they broadcast it in French (thanks to Stu Savory for that fact).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I finally sat down for dinner tonight at 9.30 I had left-over Quorn Korma, two Ryvita and a couple of slices of beetroot. I know how to live.

I am hopelessly provincial -- I have no clue what any of those items are. It certainly sounds more exotic than what I had, though.:)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like Finish food in Latin. (smile)

Anna said...

There was a match on! Ospreys? Or something. I think.

Liz Hinds said...

I'm glad you asked, Serena, because I realised I didn't know what Quorn was! "All Quorn products contain mycoprotein. Mycoprotein is a nutritious member of the fungi family, as are mushrooms and truffles."

It's a meat substitute and I made it into a Korma curry.
Ryvita is a brand-name for rye crispbread.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm. I love mushrooms, and I like rye bread every now and then, so it sounds like you had yourself a pretty good dinner.