Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What is this world if full of care we have no time to sit and stare?

While we were on our walk Harvey sat down. I don't think he meant to. It was more of a 'Oh, where have my legs gone?' type sit-down. I told him not to rush to get up, but to sit and admire the view.

He tried unsuccessfully to stand a couple of tries so in the end I gave him a helping hand. He was fine then.

On our way home we saw another Golden Retriever called Harvey! A young bouncy one. And last weekend we were with the owner of yet another Golden Retriever called Harvey! And that one was actually named after our Harvey.

James Stewart has a lot to answer for.

(But not one of them compares with ours - the original and best!)

4 comments:

Clare said...

That's a great smile from Harvey :-)
My boyfriend had two retrievers, Hunny and Heather, so obviously H-names are the way forwards when naming your retriever! He has such a soft spot for them still, if he sees one he'll be the first to go and say hello (endearing really!)

Serena said...

Harvey's a doll. I've never met a Golden Retriever that didn't have the sweetest nature.

Anonymous said...

I would love to have a Golden Retriever, but would really like a giant rabbit to talk to.

Anna said...

Hey handsome!