Friday, October 27, 2006

My conspiracy theory


After I'd written last night's post I thought a photo of Great Yarmouth covered in semolina would be a good addition so I looked it up on the net: I could find absolutely no mention of G. Yarmouth being covered in semolina! And I definitely heard it on the news at lunchtime

I asked Alun if he'd heard anything about it; he said he hadn't. Then I asked him if he'd heard about the scientists who have made a prototype invisibility cloak. He knew about that so I am not hearing little voices - at least not all the time.

I discovered there is a semolina factory in Great Yarmouth so it doesn't seem that unlikely that an explosion there could have resulted in a light dusting, but why the news blackout? Is it because in actual fact it's not semolina they're producing at all?

If I am never heard from again, it is because they know that I know and they have taken measures to silence me. Make sure the world is alerted! Don't let me die in vain!

P.S. It's been a long day.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish I knew what that stuff was. Late here in Germany, time to turn in.

Clare said...

Urgh, semolina explosion. Yuck.

But, I heard about the invisibility cloak thing, worry not, you're not going mad.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/6064620.stm

Enjoy! x

Anonymous said...

Isn't semolina some kind of cereal? So, if there was a cereal explosion, and a subsequent news blackout, then yep, the invisibility cloak is in place and they're making something other than cereal. In other words, your little voices were right on track. If They come for you, run!

Anonymous said...

We'ss start looking for the news iten when you sago ;-)

Anonymous said...

i dont think this proves you are not going mad but might help a bit...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfolk/6091832.stm

Artaud said...

I heard about it too on BBC 6music, I'm still trying to find a source for it!

Anonymous said...

It was only the other day that Pete told me that light dusting of something or other on top of a sub(marine) roll is semolina...so the world obviously needs more of the stuff these days...LH, you've stumbled on a little-known trade/state secret...