Thursday, October 05, 2006

Feeling fat, fat, fat

Didn't go to Weightwatchers this week.

I was supposed to go on Tuesday with two friends: they didn't go either. We'd all had a bad week and couldn't face the depression that would result from, 'A pound on,' or in my case, '*!@!&* pounds on.'

Well, I have been on holiday, although it was last weekend at home that was my downfall. Two meals out and a lunch party in the course of four days, and the complete collapse of my resolution to say no to pudding, have taken their revenge.

I was going to start again yesterday but I accidentally ate half a packet of Cadburys Fingers.

Then again I suppose it was more a case of accidentally buying them: once I had bought them, I planned to eat half the packet.

And when I say I accidentally bought them, I mean that I didn't go out with the intention of buying them. I was looking for Ryvita; the Fingers were just there on the same shelf (almost - 6' away and two shelves down).

But really, how many calories can there be in half a packet of Fingers? There's nothing to them. I can eat a whole packet without even noticing.

4 comments:

Clare said...

I have eaten a lot of hob nobs in the past week (chocolate ones), which I am putting down to stressing about the play and starting uni... However, I'm not sure that I can really justify eating half a packet of hobnobs in one sitting, just because I'm bored of reading about cognitive neuropsychology...
(And you know, broken biscuits have half the calories: the leak out of the crack)

Anna said...

Ooh, I like this broken biscuit theory. Anyway, Fingers are the lighter way to enjoy chocolate, or is that Maltesers? Well, anyway, they barely weigh a gram, so how can they make a difference to the bottom line?

Liz Hinds said...

I have the same theory about grated cheese. There's nothing holding it together so there can't be any calories in it.

My word verification is mozdy, which just about describes today's weather.

Clare said...

my word verification is yvedel, which is distinctly Yiddish!