Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Holes where they shouldn't be

I went to see Younger Son in hospital this afternoon, after his operation, expecting to see him all sleepy and the first thing he said - snarled - was, ‘Haven’t you brought me anything to eat? I haven't eaten for 26 hours.’ I had to go and get him two baguettes and a bag of crisps.

Apparently they cut the abscess out instead of draining it so he has a big hole at the base of his spine now. He has to stay in overnight so it can be dressed in the morning. He doesn't know what happens after that but is not amused that he has to spend another night in hospital. But he did get someone to move the television so he will be able to see Neighbours.

Fed and Neighbour-ed, he'll be all right for a little while.

There is a buzzing noise in here. I don't think it's in my head as I would hear it all the time and it's only when I'm in this room. I'm not even going to try and trace it as, with my hearing as it is at the moment, it could take me all night.

No comments: