Tuesday, July 18, 2006

In which Harvey is not happy

Harvey isn't happy.

He happened to notice that I had a new signature for my emails: I call myself 'Writer and dog-owner.'

Now I thought he'd be glad to get the recognition but nothing of the sort. He is quibbling over semantics.

Yes, you are, Harvey.

He says that I do not own him; we simply share a home. I pointed out that money was exchanged in order for him to share OUR home, but he claims that doesn't make any difference.

He says he is an individual, a dog in his own right, and that the United Nations Charter says that no one shall be owned by another.

I pointed out that we provide him with food and a place to sleep at night, as well as pandering to his every whim. He referred me again to the United Nations Charter of Human Rights.

Ah ha, I had him there! 'HUMAN rights!'

He looked at me, 'There's no need to shout! Your point being?'

'You're not hu...' I stopped. I couldn't disillusion him. I sighed. 'Okay, I'll change it. What would you like me to put?'

He had a think. 'I don't know. I'll need to think some more about it.'

He's going to tell me later.

No comments: