Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Profound thoughts

I was listening to the Goon Show yesterday and Eccles and Bluebottle were timing each other to see if they were getting older and it occurred to me that I am ageing minute by minute. That came as quite a shock.

I suppose I tend to think of getting older at birthday times: you're another year older. But right now I'm a minute older than I was when I started writing this post. This is a good argument - if one were needed - for making the most of each minute.

It will be my new resolution.

I must have aged over an hour while I was trying to get photos from our new camera onto the computer. I was trying for half an hour yesterday and longer again today. I even got the manual out and followed that, only to find it still wasn't doing what it was supposed to.

Then I realised the camera wasn't plugged in to the computer.

But it's done now. Although it says it has put the photos in a file that appears to be untraceable. I managed to save this one though.

On Sunday we went to father-in-law's 80th birthday lunch. Here he is with some of the fourteen bottles of malt whiskey he received. No wonder he is smiling.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

Cor, did you think you had the first telepathic camera and computer in the world????
Hee hee I'm only laughing because for once it wasn't me!

Emmy Ellis said...

Awww!

Sorry I haven't been back for a while, had to finish my latest novel ready for sale. Have you heard back from WCP yet?

:o)

Liz Hinds said...

Shirleen: I didn't look. You just assume these things are going to be set up ready for you by the little fairies, don't you?

ME: no, haven't heard from WCP yet. I'm used to waiting!