Friday, May 19, 2006

Wipers and wine

My left wiper is teetering on the brink. (You see how Betty and I have merged to become one? Her problems are mine and mine are ... also mine.) Anyway my wiper. It crawls up to the centre of the windscreen and then flops down with great relief. Craaawwl, flop, craaawwl, flop

Interlude: I just went to the kitchen because I suddenly remembered that I'd made a pot of tea; I got to the kitchen and found I hadn't. But I have now, so remind me in a minute to go and pour it.

Back to Betty. It's quite distracting when you're driving in the rain, waiting for it to flop. Actually driving in the rain is not a good idea in itself as neither wiper wipes as such. But the left wiper just catches me in the corner of my eye and says, 'Here I go! Will I make it to the top before I flop?' It's like those tiny flies that sometimes flit around in front of your face, banging against the windscreen, trying to find a way out. You know you shouldn't watch them but they cry out for attention.

I have my cup of tea now.

We also have a case of wine in the outside toilet. We joined the Virgin Wine Club last year because we had a voucher for £20 off our first case. It's quite good I think. It's good in that if you don't like a particular bottle of wine, they will give you an alternative. But it's not good in that they don't seem to be very organised. This delivery is the first one that has gone the way it's supposed to. Course, I haven't opened it yet so I am only assuming that the contents are as requested.

As someone who doesn't drink wine, the excitement I feel on receiving a new case is quite out of proportion. But I do love the descriptions.

Also had another letter from the Blood Transfusion people today. I do appreciate their concern on my unfortunate reaction to donating blood but I do wish they would stop writing to me. Every time I get a letter from them I think I must have hepatitis or one of the other horrid diseases they test your blood for.

I told someone this and, in a puzzled voice, he said, 'Why would you think that?'
Well, it's natural. Isn't it?

I am beginning to wonder if I am a bit odd. When I do the time on my post, I always set it to a number I like. I don't change the actual time by more than a few minutes, you understand, but, just now for instance, the time on the clock was 4:26 and I don't like 26 very much - although it's better than 27 - so I set my time as 4:25. I don't usually like odd numbers but 5 is the exception.

3 comments:

Shirley said...

I think my fascination with your Blog has every similarity to yours with the wiper!!!!

About the making a pot of tea thing don't you hate it when you go to drink your tea and found that you already have, and yet cannot remember? I feel so deprived!

Liz Hinds said...

Absolutely. But I usually just make another as I'm there.

Emmy Ellis said...

I do the same with tea. Also, the last half of a sandwich. Go to pick it up and it's already in your belly. Too weird.

:o)