Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Bare faced

Next time I say I am going to the Debenhams's sale, please remind me to allow two hours to find a parking space. That is an exaggeration, but everybody and her mother-in-law goes to the Debenhams's sale.

Still I managed to get a top to wear to the meal. In fact I bought four. Well, the style suits me and it won't be in fashion and available in the shops for long so I have to stock up.

Husband asked why I needed something new as I have clothes in my wardrobe. He forgets that he has two sisters, meaning I have two sisters-in-law. No matter how good I think I look when I leave the house, when I stand next to them, I am in the shade. Don't get me wrong: I am fond of them. They can't help it if they are better at dressing than I am.

I could have done with some help in the changing-room today. What with putting my arm through the zip-hole and getting into a tangle with a tie, I was doing a very good impersonation of woman unable to dress herself.

I forgot to mention the naked man on the beach yesterday. We're not sure if he was naked as we were on the cliff path but he gave that impression. We didn't look too closely as, let's face it, have you ever seen a naturist worth seeing?

1 comment:

Liz Hinds said...

I told husband about my changing-room difficulty and he said it didn't surprise him; all that surprises him is that, in fifty plus years, I haven't had a major mishap while dressing myself.