Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Step 1 - start with 3%

Aim high but plan to get there in small steps.

If I say, 'Today my aim is to be a best-selling writer,' I will be disappointed. However if I say, 'Today I will do research for my book,' I will be successful. And I will be a step closer to my aim.

I like the idea of reaching for the stars. Even if you miss the one you're reaching for, chances are you'll find another.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I think there is a mischievous elf at work. Things keep going missing from my desk. Normally I would blame (correctly) Alun but the last couple of times the things that have disappeared would be of no use to him, so, unless he is doing it to convince me I am going insane, it's probably not him. Although now I come to consider that possibility it seems strangely likely. Our beloved Chris could be in on it as well - he did write in my diary and then tried to make me think I had done it myself.

Paranoia thy name is Daphne. (Name your fears they say, don't they? To make them less fearful?)

* * * * * * * * * * * * * *

It is absolutely gorgeous here today. It has been since Saturday. Everything that has been hiding is daring to peek out, ready to burst open. It is extra-specially-good-to-be-alive weather. Now must be very housewifely and mention that it is also good drying weather! So must do some washing.

2 comments:

Shirley said...

It could just be that your desk is in a portal for another time continue-um (I cannot spell that word!!!) and somewhere there's another Liz saying "How did that get there?"

Liz Hinds said...

I think that could be the answer, Shirleen. It would explain an awful lot about my life!