Thursday, April 06, 2006

Now is the time to say goodbye

It was Angelo's farewell lunch today. He's been with us (as part of a team and the volunteering with Alun) for nearly three years. Alun made a (very) short but surprisingly serious speech and Angelo did the same. Aah, bless. We shall miss him.

For the last two years, while Angelo has been working with Alun in our office, the phrase most often on my lips has been 'Pull your trousers up, Angelo!' Today in his honour we - although I noticed it was only the women who put the effort in - wore big exposed pants. Yes, we shall miss him.

Very diet-conscientiously I had a BLT baguette for lunch. Tim T was sitting opposite me and Tim O was sitting next to me. Both had chips. Tim T generously allowed me to steal one of his chips; Tim O was prepared to stab me with his fork rather than let me have one of his. And this from the boy to whom, earlier this week, I gave some ice cream pie (which incidentally he accused me of spiking with alcohol). I don't think I need to say any more.

One of the missing mysteries was solved; my *********** **** *** ***** **.

7 comments:

Tim said...

What kind of friend would let you slip up on your hard work. By eating the chips myself I was aiding you and me! I didn't accuse you of spiking the pie I was merely asking if it was in there!

Whats the mystery thats been solved?

Liz Hinds said...

Your speeding ticket. Whereabouts of.

chux said...

don't touch a man's chips!!!

when will you ladies learn? If you want chips order your own, but leave the guys chips alone!! :-)

Tim said...

I'm not sure who you are chux I'm glad you said it - leave our chips alone!

Liz Hinds said...

Oh, please, boys. One chip! Would you starve for one chip?

MaryB said...

******* ** ******* *** ****? Is this "New Welsh?" The English will find it very confusing - and that's the point, right? ;-)

Liz Hinds said...

Thank you, Tim T!