Tuesday, April 11, 2006

My purple dress

Well, purplish anyway. Sort of shabby violet. Not the rich sultry purple I had hoped for but better than grey. So as Tel would say, mustn't grumble. It has sort of lost its shape though.

A bit like my hands. They've gone all crinkly since I've washed up. I now have a draining-board full of glasses, most of which I retrieved from son number 2's bedroom. Stained with the remains of beer, milk or orange juice.

With son number 1 and his lovely girlfriend here too I had to cook a proper dinner tonight. Also had to go to Sainsburys again as sons were complaining that there was no food in the fridge. No, correction, no food in the house. Some things don't change. It's just like being a proper mummy again. It's what I was created for, my role in life. And probably what I was best at. (Although my children might argue with that.)

Now shall I go and watch Dalziel and Pascoe part 2? I missed part 1 last night but as I very rarely know what's going on anyway that won't matter much.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Why is there NEVER food in the house? It seems like you go and spend hundreds of pounds in Sainsburys, spend hours putting it all away then, that evening, look for something to eat and nothing's there.

Just started a new book; a phrase in the first chapter is: 'in pastureland, the pylons lift their skirts in a ferrous gavotte'. Hope the rest of the book is as good.

Now I've got to type 'wzkidc' sounds like us!

Liz Hinds said...

Yes, it's definitely us.

Another strange thing: I went to bed last night leaving a tidy kitchen; this morning I get up to a pile of dirty dishes.

'uodpkiak' indeed!

Anna said...

No, I don't think we would argue. :-)