Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Nearly interesting

I thought I was going to have something interesting and exciting to write about. But I haven't.

There was a bird quacking in our chimney but when I stuck my head up it flew away. That's all.

I will need to go to the hairdressers soon. I can tell when I need to go by my increasing resemblance to a badger. The optician has been inviting to visit him for a long time too. I will have to make a day of it; get my eyes and hair sorted at once. In Boots they have a special offer: buy a hearing aid and get free glasses. I wonder if I could buy a hearing aid ready. I'm sure to need one soon. Especially when I'm watching West Wing. Although I think it's more poor understanding than hearing that is my problem there.

I am just wasting time waiting for the shop to open before I go out, can you tell? Then I will post my novel and get some lights for the bathroom.

Is it Christian to pray over a parcel, do you think? I could do that coverall prayer - if it be your will, Lord - when really I mean, please, please, please, let the agent be interested in my manuscript.

By the time I get Betty started the shop will be open now. '...the shop will be open now.' I'm sure that is not good English.

4 comments:

MaryB said...

Liz, regarding the prayer, my dear brother David believed that when praying, you need to be very, very specific with what you're asking. God's busy and doesn't have time to sort out exactly what it is you need (what with various wars and bird flu and Michael Jackson and all).

Don't pray for a new car. Pray for a 1968 cherry red Corvette. That way, God can either provide or not, but God won't have to put your request in the "figure out what he/she's really asking for" pile.

So supplicate away on the parcel. Just be specific. (And "Thy will be done," of course.)

Anna said...

I saw a blackbird pulling worms out of the lawn. Is that nearly interesting too?

Wees...

Tim said...

It's fine to pray over your work Liz - it's cheating but it's fine! Whenever I'm doing anything thats remotely important I always pray for God to be on my side. Playing football, monopoly... you name it and it's not just Tim your up against, it's Tim and God! The only down side is when you do get published it'll be a cheap victory because you'll always be thinking it's only because I prayed. But hey beggers can't be choosers, I'm praying for you too!!!

Tim said...

I do enjoy making fun of you Liz but remember I'm only bullying you in the absence of Rob. It won't last forever