Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Just heard...

Monologues turned down by publisher. At least it was quick if not painless. And it's the first rejection I've had. This year. I wonder how soon I could reach 50. Perhaps that should be my aim. Then I could publish an anthology of rejection letters in time for the Christmas market next year. Could be a big seller, the perfect gift for the wannabe writer.

Although reading between the lines of the email from the publisher, it sounded as though the decision was made by a different director against her better judgement. If you read the small print hidden very cleverly between the lines that is. Which is an art in itself. But one that grabbers-of-straws have perfected.

1 comment:

Anna said...

That's a marvellous idea! And I am sure you are right about the directors arguing over your manuscript. When the lady kills him with a crowbar and becomes the director of the company, she will be back like a shot.