Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Is honesty the best policy?

I have spent most of the afternoon creating a blog for my alter ego. It wouldn't have taken me four attempts if I hadn't kept forgetting to log on and off as different people. Still it's done now. As long as I remember who I am when I am writing it will be okay.

My t-shirt smells of ginger; I wonder why.

I forgot to report that Alun is now trying to claim that cups of tea he makes when I am not in the office still count towards his tally. It is nonsense of course.

Honesty does not always have its own reward. We could have put proper cartridges in the printer before Alun took it back and pretended that they had been there all along, but we didn't. Let's just hope that there is a heaven where we will get our just reward. Although, strictly speaking, we did get our just reward for using cheap compatible cartridges when it says not to. But it didn't say it in VERY BIG letters.

5 comments:

Tim said...

Well firstly thats three posts in one day - you will be punished.

I know it's a cheap option but it never pays to buy refilled cartridges. I'm not going to waste my breath trying to tell Janet but hopefully we'll all learn from our mistakes!

Liz Hinds said...

I shall use you as my official back-up when I tell Janet though. I don't think she knows that we weren't able to get a refund yet though so perhaps I should break it to her one thing at a time.

Liz Hinds said...

And as regards the first bit of your comment: the second post was justified as I needed to dispel the hurt of rejection, and once I'd done two, I thought I might as well do three. Okay, mein fuhrer?

Tim said...

No it's not ok Liz. My exams start in 1 week and I'm trying really hard to get motivated and work for them. Your multiple posting simply doesn't help.

Liz Hinds said...

You can't study solidly. I can be your light relief, a bit like Alka Seltzer. Do I mean Alka Seltzer?

Motivation? Well, when you're an aerospace engineer, you'll be able to set up a factory in Mumbles to build rockets to fly to the moon/planes to fly to Zambia (delete as appropriate) and with all the money you make, you'll be able to keep Red going as well as living the life of Riley - assuming he doesn't want it himself.