Monday, December 12, 2005

I'm back

Having laughed at my outfit for the ball husband endeared himself further en route by saying that, of the 50 people going from his works, we were the oldest. I felt really good by the time I got there.

Still the hotel was nice. An l-shaped room with glass along the two outside corner walls. And lovely smelling smellies. I thought guilt might have made him relent and bid for tickets for the England Wales rugby international next spring but he didn't. As the starting bid was £500 I wasn't really surprised.

Got home, cleaned corner of room ready for tree and (a grape just jumped out of my mouth!) went out today to buy new lights for it. Do not think I should be allowed out on my own. Came home with whole new colour scheme for decorations.

Now all I have to do is clean rest of room, decorate trees and some other stuff that I choose not to consider now as it will only depress me. Speaking of depression a man has been trying to get in touch with me for two days; he is phoning again tonight. Husband has refused to answer and take a messagee so I will have to be talk to him. There is nothing really wrong with him it's just ...

We had a Christmas card today. It was addressed to Mrs Liz Hinds and family and was posted in Wales. It is from Ted, Doris and family. (Not their real names.) Now I know several Ted and Dorises but none of them send me a card and I haven't seen them for years. I don't recognise the writing and I haven't a clue who they are. It is rather worrying. At least it would be if I had any room in my brain for any more stuff but it is full.

3 comments:

Liz Hinds said...

And you are?!

Of course, last year we had a card from 'your morning paper girl,' and we don't have a morning paper.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
MaryB said...

I got a card from "Sally" - no return address. I haven't a clue. Sigh. Merry Christmas, Sally, whoever you are!