Monday, November 28, 2005

The first day of the rest of my life

So I am making a new life resolution: to be more effective. I think that covers it.

They said on the BBC this morning that this week it is 25 years since John Lennon was shot. I can't believe that; I'm not that old. That means that most of the bloggers I know weren't even born when John died. That can't be right. I shall write to the BBC and tell them they have got it wrong. They don't often get things wrong but they are definitely wrong this time.

Thought for the Day on the Wogan Show featured an Irish priest talking about George Best. (The postman just came; he is rather lacking in humour it has to be said. But I would probably not be very cheerful if I had to get up early every morning. He brought us an invitation to a champagne party ... at DFS. I don't know why they invite us; we have never bought anything there.)

Anyway, George Best. The priest did a very good tribute that included something very good but now I have been so distracted by champagne invites that I have forgotten it. I think basically that he said what a lot of other people said, that George Best was a lovely man. That is probably the best thing you can say about anyone, be they great footballers, pop heroes or princesses.

Little Timmy Oakes spoke in church yesterday about losing everything for the sake of Christ. He was very challenging, made me squirm uncomfortably. I think I am in a rethink period of my life.

Drumming circle in the afternoon in the Inferno. It was the coldest inferno I have ever been in. Was numb by the time I left. But good fun. All kinds of shakers and clatterers there. I was the oldest woman - by a long way - and the most normal-looking; Mike wasn't the oldest man, and definitely not the oddest looking.

No comments: