Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Christmas wrapping

I would be the first to admit that I have a low boredom threshold but even I was surprised when the will to live left me as I was carrying the parcels downstairs for wrapping. And whoever thought little fat pink piggy-banks would make good Christmas presents for numerous nieces and nephews had not thought ahead to the packing process. Next year everyone is getting something rectangular even if it's a box of biscuits.

I have one piggy left-over so that's Secret Santa sorted.

Good job I had Elvis to accompany me.

Now shall I watch 24 or do some jigsaw? I am currently doing The Alphabet Shop, which claims to have ten items for each letter of the alphabet, which sounds impressive until you realise that it includes xanthic acid, xoanon, yale lock, zephyrantes and zeolite.

I'm sure piggy just winked at me.

There was a programme on television on Sunday evening about animals who had made the news. One woman, who said she was so accident-prone that they knew her well at the local A&E and insurance companies refused to cover her, was driving home through Richmond Park when she heard a noise like her tyre going flat. She was well-used to that happening so got out to check. It was fine but as she stood up from looking at it, a duck fell out of the sky and hit her on the head. As Alun said, she wasn't accident-prone; she was cursed.

1 comment:

Anna said...

You've started wrapping? Yay mum! Way to get into the Christmas spirit! I might start too, on the weekend, after my mince-pie-baking session. And why not make some mulled wine while I'm at it, eh? Only 29 days left!!!